QCTP washer, what kind of locking washer prefered?

WobblyHand

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I recently made a boring bar holder for my OXA and stole a thin little wavy washer from another QCTP holder. Think I will make another QCTP holder, or two, and am wondering what washers I should get. Realize it doesn't matter all that much, but if I get something, it might as well be suitable.

Is a thin wave spring washer better or worse than a single wave washer, or a spring lock washer? I'm looking at McMaster using the search term wavy washer. If it matters, using an M6 grub screw.

I don't believe it matters much. None I've used seem either very effective or too necessary. They just have to keep the big nut from turning while you're handling the holder.

Go back to Mcmaster and search for 'belleville washer'... if you are having trouble finding them...

-Bear

I don’t think you want a high load like a Belleville washer. I’m not sure anything is necessary (won’t the locking but maintain the adjustment by loading the adjustment nut?). But a wave washer or split washer seems reasonable.

Thanks. I'll just get something cheap that is close. Found a box of single wave washers that should work.

Back