QCTP

Just for reference, the stud that comes with a Phase II AXA tool holder is 14mm in diameter. The hole it passes through measures around .610.
Could you drill and tap the compound for a larger thread and then make a new stud? It would be much more rigid that way and really not much
more work than making a bushing. 9/16-18 would work if you didn't want to do metric.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, Yes i can do that i will check the thikness of that rest to see if it's beefy enough. Think i should get the QC first. I was thinking of Shars, any good ?

Don't tap the cross slide.

It is a captive bolt; while I don't personally think the gains would be worthwhile, just replace it with another, larger, captive bolt if you want to do anything. The only thing helping you is the amount of preload you apply with the bolt, so unless you're torquing the bolt passed where it should be, you aren't gaining anything. Also, if you tap the cross slide, your new week point just became the cut threads in your cross slide, not the rolled threads in a high strength bolt. The former is almost certainly weaker and more expensive to replace than the latter.

Well now i just took the slide off and see i would only have a thread depth of 3/8". So maybe i will just change the Turret bolt, I can always re configure what i need on that. I weld so not much of a problem.

Thanks

Don

Back