QMT 1340GT Stand Question

parshal

Registered
Registered
Has anyone used the QMT stand and left the center panel out and put a tool box in that space? I'm guessing there's some structural rigidity to have with the center panel in place.

I've been looking for pictures/threads to see if anyone has done this but haven't seen any so I apologize if this has been asked and answered.

Has anyone used the QMT stand and left the center panel out and put a tool box in that space? I'm guessing there's some structural rigidity to have with the center panel in place.

I've been looking for pictures/threads to see if anyone has done this but haven't seen any so I apologize if this has been asked and answered.
If you mean part #50 , stand front panel, I seriously doubt it adds any rigidity. I left mine off so I could put a toolbox with drawers since it is a natural place to put lathe tools. I did reinforce the front of the stand with 1/2" steel c channel.

I left mine off and have not missed it at all.

Its just sheet metal. I removed mine and installed a 2 drawer intermediate tool box under my pan.

I've been thinking along these same lines. You guys who put a toolbox in that space -- what tool box did you use? Looks to me like I've got about 36" wide by about 28" high and maybe 20" deep to work with. Haven't found the perfect thing yet so any wisdom from the brain trust would be welcome! (Pics are nice, too...)

Thx!

MetaKey

Back