Quality of Bostar QCTP

Hey guys,

I have decided that I need a QCTP for my 10" Logan 825. I would like an aloris but I will have to win the lottery first.
I have to go with the best price for now and I'm thinking the bostar AXA from CDCO Machinery will be my best bet.
Anyone have experience with the Bostar brand ? I realize that the PHASE II is a reputable china Doll but I am really pinching pennies right now as I have been out of work for six months due to health problem but I am back and I am alive and well just broke for the time being.
any info on Bostar will be appreciated:))
Joebiplane

I bought my qctp from cdco for my grizzly g4015z and works just great. robert

Hi Folks,

I have just purchased from CDCO an AXA QCTP (Bostar) and have to slightly modify my compound to fit it. Having removed the lantern tool post and the supporting stud, I need to bore out and tap the existing hole to take the new stud. Can someone please confirm what thread /size etc the short thread on the bottom of the stud is? Normally I work in metric, BSW or BA from my time living in the UK, now metric whenever possible because much of our manufacturers/imports are metric. I have a few small USA taps & dies for hobby work, 6 x 40 etc. Measure twice cut once is a good motto or ask the experts.

Many thanks,
www.shevillmathers.id.au

I bought my qctp from cdco for my grizzly g4015z and works just great. robert

Hey robertw78368, you are my neighbor. I live in Barbon Estates. Ha, same first name and middle initial as well. Zip is 78383.

Welcome to the forum. Lots to learn from these guys.

Sandia (Bob)

Hi Folks,

I have just purchased from CDCO an AXA QCTP (Bostar) and have to slightly modify my compound to fit it. Having removed the lantern tool post and the supporting stud, I need to bore out and tap the existing hole to take the new stud. Can someone please confirm what thread /size etc the short thread on the bottom of the stud is? Normally I work in metric, BSW or BA from my time living in the UK, now metric whenever possible because much of our manufacturers/imports are metric. I have a few small USA taps & dies for hobby work, 6 x 40 etc. Measure twice cut once is a good motto or ask the experts.

Many thanks,
www.shevillmathers.id.au

I would recommend making a new bolt, rather than modifying your lathe. since you have a lathe, a custom bolt is the easiest solution. If the bolt is a little small you can make a sleeve. Modifying your lathe is risky and even if done successfully may lead to later regrets

Hey guys,

I have decided that I need a QCTP for my 10" Logan 825. I would like an aloris but I will have to win the lottery first.
I have to go with the best price for now and I'm thinking the bostar AXA from CDCO Machinery will be my best bet.
Anyone have experience with the Bostar brand ? I realize that the PHASE II is a reputable china Doll but I am really pinching pennies right now as I have been out of work for six months due to health problem but I am back and I am alive and well just broke for the time being.
any info on Bostar will be appreciated:))
Joebiplane
Send me a PM, I'm in SJ as well and have what you are looking for.

I have rebuilt several lathes and have put a bostar on each one. I like them. Best bang for the buck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the Bostar AXA wedge QCTP on my Southbend junior lathe and it works great . I highly recommend it. I have an Aloris AXA on another lathe and I can't see any difference , other than the Aloris costs a lot more.

I just purchased a CXA sized Bostar off of eBay with two additional holders. Seems to work okay. I threw away the metric bolt provided and made a new one using a 3/4 bolt.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I threw away the metric bolt provided and made a new one using a 3/4 bolt.

I'm sure you are just kidding, but if not, I guarantee next week, or month, you are gonna need a metric bolt that same size for a project you are building. Happy Machining, JR49

I'm sure you are just kidding, but if not, I guarantee next week, or month, you are gonna need a metric bolt that same size for a project you are building. Happy Machining, JR49
Ask my wife, I throw nothing away - I'm a packrat when it comes to hardware.

Britt

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back