Quality Transfer punch set

bobdog

Registered
Registered
Looking for good quality Transfer punch set. Ones I have keep flatting the tips. Hard to regrind. Looking for opinions ? Thanks

Spellmaco & Michigan Drill make quality USA sets. But even with quality sets, if you hammer on them hard they can still be damaged.

Surprisingly I've been getting away with on old HF set. I tap on them lightly, then follow with a real center punch. I haven't damaged the tips on any of mine yet which again I am very surprised.

+1 on the Spellman transfer punches - good stuff.

HF works for me and the price is right when you need inch, number and metric sets.

Spellmaco Transfer punches seem to be the best I've seen and used. My import set is not accurate, so I keep them around to fill out any odd diameters.
McMasters sell individual Spellmans in all sizes in metric, letter, number and fractional, so if you just need one particular size, you don't need to buy the whole set. I have the Spellmaco fractional set with individual metric and letter sizes that I use. The imports are usually way undersized and not hardened. I found my vintage Spellman set on Ebay for $30.00

Last edited:
Back