Quarantine Projects!

The wife and kids are home .I am behaving , busting arse . This is tractor time so this is the busy time for me . The dogs got off the leashes and damn near got run over . There is only so much you can do , cronos or not . I do what I do every year , this year is no different .
Stay safe .

For a 61 YO dude , I did a lot today . Finished the pit . cut two lawns , started parting out the Cub , put down 50 lbs of grass seed , inquired about a back hoe for the bota , put some tiles in the upstairs bathroom , have all my cans ready to go the scrapper ( which is closed do to crono ) . Tomorrow I break out the chain saws and load the pit once again , Sun night was the first trial run which went great . Once Im assurd the chain saws are up to snuff , I'll get bck on the shop stuff .

I got tired just reading this, Dave! I think I remember that I had enough energy to do something like this once but I'm pretty sure it was farther back than 61 years old. You are an official badass old fart, I have to say! :cheer:

There are more important money making opportunities in the barn Dave... :cautious:

I got tired just reading this, Dave! I think I remember that I had enough energy to do something like this once but I'm pretty sure it was farther back than 61 years old. You are an official badass old fart, I have to say! :cheer:
I used to work with a guy who's response to Dave's hyper productivity and their description was "are you bragging or complaining? " I feel like a total slug reading Dave's work list.

My current project is not actually in the shop, but I'm still using tools. My project is to fit a new lithium battery into my caravan. The battery is 120Ah. and has its own charging manager built in. I'm also fitting a 2000W sine wave inverter. Plus 320 W solar panels.

I already have a 4Kva genset with electric start, which is built into an almost soundproof box. So when its all done I'll be pretty independent and can stop and camp almost anywhere. I also have 180 l of fresh water and 90l of grey water. I would like to have more water, but it's heavy and I'm getting close to max legal weight

Yes I know, pictures, I'll try to remember the camera next time I'm working on it. The trouble is I don't store the van at home, so if I forget anything when I go to work on it, it's a pain to have to come back to get it.

Last edited:
@Downunder Bob that sounds like an awesome vehicle!

This morning I spent 2 hours cleaning and organizing the shop space. Got a bunch more table space now! Also I finally did my local taxes. Then watched an hour long tutorial on Fusion 360.

Is this what retirement is like? I freakin' love it!

@Downunder Bob that sounds like an awesome vehicle!

This morning I spent 2 hours cleaning and organizing the shop space. Got a bunch more table space now! Also I finally did my local taxes. Then watched an hour long tutorial on Fusion 360.

Is this what retirement is like? I freakin' love it!

Hah!
Were you watching the video by Lars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea that’s the one! It was very good.

Did you notice he didn’t add the stops at the bottom of the female couplers on the box? I’ll forgive it tho since it was just an intro lesson!

Yea that’s the one! It was very good.

Did you notice he didn’t add the stops at the bottom of the female couplers on the box? I’ll forgive it tho since it was just an intro lesson!
I did. I'm actually going to try and reproduce the drawing and see if I can get the same result.

Back