question about my new-to-me 25-210

Gorf

Registered
Registered
Howdy all. Recently I brought home a 25-210 for a very good price. It had a lot of tooling and accessories to go with it and the ways were in decent condition. The lathe had previously been modified to remove the Reeves drive and setup a little different belt drive. That's fine. It does what I need it to do. However I am curious if there are still any active sources for parts for this thing? I've been scouring Ebay and have found some good stuff, but nothing for the Reeves setup. I basically would need the whole thing. I followed a couple links for PlazaMachinery but they seem to be kaput. I also see a number of motors on Ebay that have reeves drives built in and it crossed my mind if I could adapt them. Anyway I appreciate any thoughts.

I tried to insert a picture but the site appears to think it's spam. Sooo....

matthewsx

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Welcome,

You may have to make a few more posts before you can post pictures.

I can’t direct you to parts for your machine but I guess I would ask why restore the reeves drive? Assuming the machine has a three phase motor you can just use a VFD for variable speeds. I have one on my Seneca Falls Star and it works the treat.

Cheers,

John

astjp2

Active User
Registered
Dick Treimstra, google him or search for his number on here.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock