Question about threading on a lathe

The implication of line 80 is that the half nut has been disengaged. Once the threading has been started , the half nut should not be disengaged until the thread is complete. Basically, the procedure is that followed for metric threading on an Imperial lathe or vice versa.
What programmable NC lathes employed 1/2 nuts if they are only 25 years old?
This is programming a thread cycle on a lathe made in 1996, simple as can be.

What programmable NC lathes employed 1/2 nuts if they are only 25 years old?
This is programming a thread cycle on a lathe made in 1996, simple as can be.
That's a plum fancy screen compared to the old 5" green/orange on black ones...

@PHPaul, Post some picts. Since the Seneca's were mfg'd in NY, and given the vintage of the one Bob linked, might we not assume that it is Imperial?

The program I wrote is for MNC, Manual Numeric Control, Not CNC.

soa.jpg

The lathe.

sapron.jpg

The apron from the front. Power crossfeed!

sapronside.jpg

The apron from the side. No evidence that I can see of a thread dial ever being present.

slead.jpg

The lead screw. Appears to be a 10TPI Imperial, yes?

Picture is too low of resolution to determine, but it almost looks like there is a round plugged hole above the handle, maybe. . .
Comparing it to the SF30 it's in the right place.

@PHPaul, Post some picts. Since the Seneca's were mfg'd in NY, and given the vintage of the one Bob linked, might we not assume that it is Imperial?
I completely understood that the lathe was US made when I posted, and understood the approximate vintage of the lathe. That SUGGESTS that the lathe is imperial, but does not make it so. Don't guess, prove!

PHPaul's measurement appears to show 9 TPI. Which could also be 2.82mm pitch, or maybe even 3.0 mm. Definitely not 10 TPI per the photo.

Back