Question: Hardinge 2M (Morse 2?) collets?

Crank

Registered
Registered
While trying to sift through my mess, I came across some collets that I have. They were supposed to have been from some unknown tabletop vertical mill. They are Hardinge manufacture and marked 2M. Hardinge still offers them for a mere $121.00ea. o_O From what I have been able to narrow down, these could have been used on a number of machines, Atlas, Hardinge, Benchmaster, etc.. depending how the spindles were ordered. There don't seem to be many out there in the used market and I would like to get some feedback as to what is a fair price/demand for them. I have 13 of them and would prefer to sell/trade them as a set. Sorry, I'm at work and don't have a picture with all of the sizes, but I'll add one tonight. As I don't plan to replace my Bridgeport, there is no valid reason for me to squirrel them away for "just in case". Thanks in advance for any input.

Mark

You can get import sets of these on eBay fairly inexpensively. Of course they won't be as high of quality as Hardinge as long as yours are in very good shape. My M Bridgeport head takes these 2M collets. You can also buy tool holder sets as well.

Ted

Ted,
Thanks, I had seen the asian import sets, but only found a mix of listings for Hardinge ones at largely wistful prices. As I say, I'm just trying to figure out a fair value, I'm leaning towards a real world value of about $20-$25 ea.

Mark

Here's what I have.
1/16, 3/32, 7/64, 1/8, 9/64, 5/32, 3/16, 7/32, 13/64, 15/64, 5/16, 7/16, 1/2.20180323_183109_HDR.jpg20180323_183333_HDR.jpg

Mark

Back