Question on mill/drill traming.

I did buy one of the holders lke those, (as I'd saw one before being used on a bridgeport) without measureing, and it is too small and will not fit my quill by about 1/4" I have ordered the correct size collett tho to hold the indicator. If I am calculating the error from the angle correctly (which makes my driret reading from the indicator smaller(?) I think I have it all within about a thou tho at this point. That said I may just wait for that collet before I go and do anything more... Thnx
OK. Got the collet to hold the indicator rather than the 3 jaw. rechecked it all around, and after doing just a couple of practice type, making swarf cuts it looks to still be in the +-0.001, Even after raising the head a bit on the column. I am happy that its going to stay but I'll be rechecking in several months just to up my confidence, Again - thanks for every ones help!

RJSakowsky, you probably figured it out already, but your JP-30 might be a Jia Piin JP-30. Example faceplate in this reply. Do you happen to know the spindle taper of yours? MT3 or R8 perhaps?

Attachments

• 20210826_123629_redacted.jpg
    20210826_123629_redacted.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
Back