Question/Opinion Best inexpensive high presure oil can.

kvt

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Ok, Question/opinions for best inexpensive high pressure oil can. Have an old Lath that uses ball oilers, Have a real cheep oil can that cannot seem to push the oil into the oilers it is like some of the oil passages are sealed real well, little to no wear.
so what is a good oil can that will push oil into them without costing an arm and a leg. Spent most of my spending money for a while getting the new to me lathe. what do people use and what do they suggest.

They sell a short pump oiler / grease pump for chainsaw tips. I'll Ck eBay and get a number for you. There's also a single pump oiler sold for the old style Bridgeport with grease fittings. Both are cheap $10. - $15 . I have several and they produce good pressure.

silverbullet, Thanks I want to take a look at some of them. I see the one that kd4gij listed but how well do ones for grease work with oil.

silverbullet, Thanks I want to take a look at some of them. I see the one that kd4gij listed but how well do ones for grease work with oil.
I have one similar to the picture, I bought it here :http://www.icai-online.com/push-n-lube-oiler.html
It works okay for oil not great though, I was in the same dilemma that was the best thing I could find.

The Goldenrod oilers are inexpensive, US made, and work with ball oilers. Be aware that you have to slowly press the lever for oilers without much backspace, eg tailstock oilers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

These ball oilers are a PITA. No doubt about it. Search the forum, I think there are several older threads having the same discussion, with some innovative solutions.

Also, with old machinery sometimes the oil passages are actually clogged with dried oil. Nothing goes in exactly because they are clogged! Sometimes it's worth while to dissemble and take a look.

Glenn

The one I posted should work just fine with oil

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Back