Questions about band saw blades...

Yes, as you said. Drilled hole go all the way through block so there is room for the chips to exit both sides.

Here's a pic of what I made.

View attachment 396511

And an action shot showing the coolant and chips being evacuated.

View attachment 396512

Before doing this, the back side of the table, below where the blade returns, was always full of chips and wet with coolant drips, even though there were multiple brushes. Now it is always dry and clean.

Not in the picture are the 110-volt solenoid valve and a 1/4" ball valve to regulate the air flow.

Hope this helps your own designing process. :)

Aaron
What’s the solenoid for? Does it open when the saw is powered?
What size hole did you choose coming out of the block over the blade?
I’m all in.

Yes, the coolant pump and the air solenoid both come on with the saw.

I don't remember the hole size, but I'd say either 1/4 or 5/16

Here's a pic of what I made.

View attachment 396511

And an action shot showing the coolant and chips being evacuated.

View attachment 396512

Before doing this, the back side of the table, below where the blade returns, was always full of chips and wet with coolant drips, even though there were multiple brushes. Now it is always dry and clean.

Not in the picture are the 110-volt solenoid valve and a 1/4" ball valve to regulate the air flow.

Hope this helps your own designing process. :)

Aaron
it looks like your coolant block is on the exiting side of the workpiece, rather than the entry. The coolant should be cooling the workpiece and adding lube for the cut. Does any coolant get to the cut?

The block pictured is only for cleaning coolant and chips off the blade AFTER the cut. Not shown is the spigot/tube that spray coolant onto the blade prior to the first guide assembly. EDIT

DSCF4322.JPG

Last edited:
The block pictured is only for cleaning coolant and chips off the blade AFTER the cut. Not shown is the spigot/tube that spray coolant onto the blade prior to the first guide assembly.

View attachment 396535
I am just about done with my version.
Great addition to the saw

You going to show us a picture?

You going to show us a picture?
Yes I am.
This project was inspired by my Michigan friend, AGCB97.

It works great!!
The first pic is the piece I removed to install the pneumatic chip path clearance device :)
My wife said, you should patent that thing.....not.

Attachments

• saw 1.jpg
    saw 1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 107
  • saw 2.jpg
    saw 2.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 98
  • saw 3.jpg
    saw 3.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 101
Back