Quick question for Mikey

Woodsman 22

Registered
Registered
Did I read your answer to my post correctly; your Sherline mill has a total spindle to table clearance of 14 inches? Is that correct? Thanks in advance for your reply.

I'm sure he'll see it, but it would be easier for him if you sent the message directly to him. Click his username then "Start Conversation".

@mikey will notify him as well unless he turned it off.

I'm sure he'll see it, but it would be easier for him if you sent the message directly to him. Click his username then "Start Conversation".

@mikey will notify him as well unless he turned it off.

Okay, thanks for that. I should make the time to familiarize myself with all the forum features.

Did I read your answer to my post correctly; your Sherline mill has a total spindle to table clearance of 14 inches? Is that correct? Thanks in advance for your reply.

All my machine tools are buried right now. Building a shop extension and everything is piled up and I can't get to it to confirm anything. However, the stock 5400 has 8" clearance. The 15" column should add 4" to that and the column riser adds another 2" so theoretically, yes, 14". Subtract the tooling plate and milling vise and I would guess you end up somewhere near 12" max to the bed of the vise. The vast majority of the time you will be working down close to the vise but the extra space gives you room to use tooling that otherwise wouldn't fit.

Back