Quotes and Sayings

westerner

If you are gonna be stupid, ya gotta be TOUGH!
H-M Platinum Supporter
It does NOT take all kinds to make the world go round. There just ARE all kinds.

You can lead a man to knowledge, but you can't make him think.

Said by some supervisor, somewhere- "Having you around is like having TWO good men GONE!"

Uncle Buck

Registered
Registered
1) When I want your opinion I will give it to you!

2) Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and again.

3) My dad used to use the following saying and honestly, I do not think my dad knew what he was inferring because the saying was just not his style. For example dad would see some fine looking Lincoln or Cadillac and whistle then say, "Long as a bad girls dream" never thinking about what the phrase actually inferred.

Last edited:

Blackjackjacques

Registered
Registered
A favorite of mine emanated from ship acquisitions: "Not enough money to build it right, and all the money in the world to fix it later."

core-oil

Active User
Registered
Quote upon not having enough tooling and equipment in one of the "establishments" I once worked in---

"If we had ham,we could have ham and eggs, But we have no eggs!"

uncle harry

Active User
Registered
The person that mentored me in machining used to say
"When you're up to your ass in alligators it's hard to remember you're original objective was to drain the swamp"
I had a WW2 Marine boss who kindly used that one,

G

Grumpy Gator

Forum Guest
Register Today
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Silverbullet

Registered
Registered
Be thick skinned like water on a ducks back , don't letem bother you.
If I had a dog has ugly as you , I'd shave his behind and teach him to walk backwards.
Here comes old one eye , partner says that cat ain't coming in he's going out. Benny hill favorite . Now who's he anybody know.
Just remembered one of my pops , wish in one hand and crap in the other see which one fills up first.

Last edited by a moderator:

savarin

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
wot? The grand Benny Hill.
Totally non pc and wouldnt get a shoe in with todays major movement to be offended.

RandyM

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
The only sure things in life are death and taxes.

kvt

Active User
Here is another one I kept hearing growing up.

If you had done it right the first time, you would have time to do other things.

Of course I smarted off and said what other chores. You can imagine what I got.

Blackjackjacques

Registered
Registered
The duality and circular conflict of this excerpt from Rudyard Kipling's poem, "The Winners" always intrigued and confused the heck out of me:
"Down to Gehenna or up to the throne, he travels the fastest who travels alone"

tweinke

Active User
Slicker then snot on a glass door knob. As in that's slicker then.....................

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock