[4]

Quotes and Sayings

• Thread starter Deleted member 18150
  • Start date
[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

savarin

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Gee, I had forgotten about Callahans

gr8legs

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
A few more from my stockpile:

Dilbertesque job reference: "I cannot speak about ex-employees. But if you want to talk about the weather, the lazy clouds are wandering aimlessly across the sky and people think they're stupid."

WARNING: Caffeine not at Therapeutic levels, tolerance for stupid people low, approach at own risk.

Acceptance without proof is the fundamental characteristic of Western religion, rejection without proof is the fundamental characteristic of Western science. Gary Zukav

We’ve watched our society go from Conrad Hilton to Paris Hilton.

The smaller the mind the greater the conceit. Aesop (620 BC - 560 BC)

Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation. Henry Kissinger

Censorship, like charity, should begin at home; but, unlike charity, it should end there. Clare Booth Luce (1903 - 1987)

Are you going to come quietly or do I have to use earplugs? - Goon Show

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important. - Bertrand Russell

Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them. Paul Valery (1871 - 1945),

If you cannot convince them, confuse them. Harry S Truman (1884 - 1972)

MozamPete

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
My boss once when he was unsuccessfully trying to organize a group of people:
"It's like trying to herd cats."

higgite

Professional Crastinator
Some people have 20 years of experience and some have 1 year of experience 20 times.

Tom

D

Deleted member 18150

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
And a few from NASA.
“Anyone who sits on top of the largest hydrogen-oxygen fueled system in the world, knowing they’re going to light the bottom, and doesn’t get a little worried, does not fully understand the situation.”
John Young, after being asked if he was nervous about making the first Space Shuttle flight in 1981.
**G**

D

Deleted member 18150

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Mars has been flown by, orbited, smacked into, radar examined, and rocketed onto, as well as bounced upon, rolled over, shoveled, drilled into, baked and even blasted. Still to come: Mars being stepped on.”
Buzz Aldrin, in his new book Mission to Mars: My Vision for Space Exploration (2013).
Mankind's greatest gift. The need to know, go, see and explore what's over the next hill. Me I caught the bug early. Soon as I was old enough I started driving tractor trailers coast to coast. Over a million miles under my belt and I still have that itch. Heck if they let me I would go to space. Second star on the right straight on till morning.
**G**

dlane

Active User
Registered
If your in a hole , don’t keep digging !,
Some times only the strong survive !

dlane

Active User
Registered
If I were to go to mars ied leave most earthlings here.

D

Deleted member 18150

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
“We have your satellite. If you want it back send 20 billion in Martian money. No funny business or you will never see it again.”
A joke reportedly written on a wall in a hall at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab, California, after losing contact with the Mars Polar Lander in December 1999.
**G**

Joe P.

Registered
This one is from my grandfather, “empty barrels make the most noise”. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 18150

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.... George Carlin
**G**

vtcnc

Admin
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
“ Half of the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important...they do not mean to do harm...they are absorbed in their endless struggle to think well of themselves. ”
— T.S. Eliot

D

Deleted member 18150

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
**G**

[5] [7]