Quotes and Sayings

A few more from my stockpile:

Dilbertesque job reference: "I cannot speak about ex-employees. But if you want to talk about the weather, the lazy clouds are wandering aimlessly across the sky and people think they're stupid."

WARNING: Caffeine not at Therapeutic levels, tolerance for stupid people low, approach at own risk.

Acceptance without proof is the fundamental characteristic of Western religion, rejection without proof is the fundamental characteristic of Western science. Gary Zukav

We’ve watched our society go from Conrad Hilton to Paris Hilton.

The smaller the mind the greater the conceit. Aesop (620 BC - 560 BC)

Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation. Henry Kissinger

Censorship, like charity, should begin at home; but, unlike charity, it should end there. Clare Booth Luce (1903 - 1987)

Are you going to come quietly or do I have to use earplugs? - Goon Show

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important. - Bertrand Russell

Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them. Paul Valery (1871 - 1945),

If you cannot convince them, confuse them. Harry S Truman (1884 - 1972)

Some people have 20 years of experience and some have 1 year of experience 20 times.

Tom

Back