R8 ER25 Collet Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balor

Registered
Registered
Hi Guys.
I need help finding a good R8, ER25 Collet Chuck that has little to no run out and no it does not need to be the cheapest.
If it costs $100.00 okay, if it costs $80.00 okay. I need one that is within .0001" run out if possible.

rngr1

I've seen a couple of youtube vids where they test the banggood sets, one was good the other was not good. I think it's a crapshoot from banggood.

All the following things need to be almost perfect to get to 0.0001"
  1. The spindle bearings
  2. The spindle taper
  3. The shank of the holder
  4. The holder taper
  5. The collet
  6. The tool

What exactly do you need this level of accuracy for?

All the following things need to be almost perfect to get to 0.0001"
  1. The spindle bearings
  2. The spindle taper
  3. The shank of the holder
  4. The holder taper
  5. The collet
  6. The tool

What exactly do you need this level of accuracy for?

Dan S you must have been a Hall Monitor when you were in school to ask a question like that. Just answer my question or stay out of this discussion.

rngr1

I’m looking at the Glacern r8 with a RegoFix bearing nut plus Techniks er collets. Techniks collet sets are on EBay. The RegoFix nuts are probably the single most expensive component. Are there other good quality nut choices? Who makes a good collet nut that?

Then there is the torque/clamping tools. A torque wrench would be a good tool to have but is it absolutely necessary?
Even with the best ER set up, if the machine I'm using isn't dead on accurate or as as can be, getting .0001" will be almost impossible. Not to mention tool or work flex, vise, table, etc... I think this is probably new Cnc territory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back