R8 ER32 collet chuck source.

LEEQ

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I'm toying with the idea of getting an er32 chuck for the mill. I'm finding reasonable prices on collet sets. Not so much on the chuck. What say you?

Shars, LMS. I got mine from LMS.

Cheapest is probably CTC tools. Theirs are $19. Shipping from Hong Kong can be hit or miss but last time I ordered from them, the stuff got here faster than stuff I ordered from California the same day.

They do Ebay as well but I can't shop there anymore as my credit union has a block on international buying on my debit card and I refuse to get a credit card.

If you have a big mill, you might as well go to ER40.

Last edited:
Just got an ER32 Set in MT2 from CDCO for less than 100 bucks including freight. They were on Ebay and had 18 collets in US (Inch) measurements and an additional set is available in metric sizes also. They arrived in a nice presentation case and the MT2 holder came in a plastic tube that fits nicely and protects it from moisture and dings. I would definitely buy from that vendor again, they shipped quickly, had good tracking and it arrived well packaged prior to the expected delivery date by 2 days. Not bad from Illinois to Florida in 2 days via USPS priority mail.

Bob

My buddy just ordered an ER-40 set from CDCO for his brand new PM-932 and he was showing them off to me -- dang nice set!!. IIRC they were $140-ish

bought mine from LMS and am tickled to depth with it. great finish, runs within .0003 with end mill in collet. $69.95 so that is a consideration, but cannot beat the quality and service.

Thanks for the ideas guys! I don't know if I was doing it wrong, but the places I go first for cheap china starter tools only had collets. I don't usually do Ebay stores, but have and will when necessary.

I got R8 ER16 & ER32 collet chucks from GMT on sale & they are very nice. Cost a bit more than other imports but I am very happy with them. Got rid of the ER32 for a ER40 from TMX/Bison which is also very nice. I have 2 ER40s from them now.

Back