R8 Keyless Drill Chuck

Where is the Llambrich chuck manufactured? Is the PM a Taiwanese chuck?
I prefer an integrated R8 chuck if you want to minimize runout for the mill. I have both keyed and keyless in an integrated mill chucks, I have used the PM 5/8" high precision, Shars version of this (nickle plated precision series) and find them to both work well and have minimal runout. I had the 1/2" Glacern version R8 integrated keyless chuck, but it failed and at least for me didn't work as well as some of the others. My main integrated R8 chucks for the mill are both made by Llambrich, TIR runs around 0.0007" at 3" and I have not had any issues with them over tightening which can be a problem with the Albrecht and also had this with the Glacern. If you have a full size mill then I would get a 5/8" chuck. I often do multiple parts requiring several tooling changes, the keyless chucks are a real time saver.

Where is the Llambrich chuck manufactured? Is the PM a Taiwanese chuck? Do you like the knurled collar on keyless chucks? How is the PM to use without this collar? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks

Back