R8 TOOLMEX JANGO KEYLESS DRILL CHUCK

Capt45

Former Member
Anybody have any experience using this chuck? I notice it's made in Poland and some of the tooling from there isn't bad. Any comments?

Sounds like something from a Quentin Tarantino movie. Not familiar with that specific brand, but I've had great luck with Polish gear. Mike

Think I might take a chance, anything that sounds like a Tarantino movie can't be to bad.

I could be wrong but my impression is that Toolmex sells stuff made by other companies. They used to have a relationship with Bison where they sold Bison chucks as well as some Chinese stuff.

I’ve bought multiple items from Toolmex, never had an issue any of them.

I’ve said it before, I do not understand the fixation of keyless drill chucks, I’ve owned 2 Albrechts and a Rohm, I gave them away, they either were not tight enough, or needed a pipe wrench to loosen them up, as they locked up solid. They are also longer than a keyed chuck, important, if head space is an issue. I currently using 2 Rohm and a Jacobs, all keyed, will never go back to a keyless chuck, I even hate them on my cordless drills.

All good points Buffalo. That said, I can see a reason to have both.

I’ve bought multiple items from Toolmex, never had an issue any of them.

I’ve said it before, I do not understand the fixation of keyless drill chucks, I’ve owned 2 Albrechts and a Rohm, I gave them away, they either were not tight enough, or needed a pipe wrench to loosen them up, as they locked up solid. They are also longer than a keyed chuck, important, if head space is an issue. I currently using 2 Rohm and a Jacobs, all keyed, will never go back to a keyless chuck, I even hate them on my cordless drills.

I lose chuck keys like it is my job :-D

I was also told that keyless chucks are more accurate, but I don't remember the reason why that is.

I've also not had the pipe-wrench or too-loose problems with my chucks though, and I tend to buy cheap ones.

I read someplace that not to use any drill bits with a turn down shaft in keyless chuck,or put it another way if chuck goes up to 1/2 don't go over 1/2 or will need a pipe wrench. I haven't press my luck to see if that was a true statement or not.

Back