Radial pin drive counterbores

You know where I am ! :big grin: Take your time , they're not going anywhere soon . :laughing:

We're heading up 81 this Friday morning up to Lake Placid and the property also . A week in the mountains is a cure all . :)

Well i am trying to organize so i figure the sooner i buy them the sooner i will have them ready to organize haha. If you get an idea for a price please let me know so i know what type of funds i am looking at spending so i can can sell more stuff to make funds back

Alcap wrote:
"Hope no one minds me ask here . I have gotten though the years different counter bores but never used them . When I did need to make a counter board holes I used an end mill . Could someone explain the times/uses for them ? Thanks"

All of my counter-bores have interchangeable pilots. I use them primarily to counter-bore for socket head cap screws. The advantage that I see using a counter-bore vs an end mill, is that the pilot insures that the counter-bore is concentric with the drilled hole.

Ted

I have a nice smaller diameter set, up to about 3/8” or so. As noted, the pilot pin is a good feature, and remember that an end mill won’t necessarily make a perfectly flat bottomed counterbore, where these gizmos will.

I have a nice smaller diameter set, up to about 3/8” or so. As noted, the pilot pin is a good feature, and remember that an end mill won’t necessarily make a perfectly flat bottomed counterbore, where these gizmos will.
Nice i have more bigger like 1" and 3/4. Id like to get smaller.

Alcap wrote:
"Hope no one minds me ask here . I have gotten though the years different counter bores but never used them . When I did need to make a counter board holes I used an end mill . Could someone explain the times/uses for them ? Thanks"

All of my counter-bores have interchangeable pilots. I use them primarily to counter-bore for socket head cap screws. The advantage that I see using a counter-bore vs an end mill, is that the pilot insures that the counter-bore is concentric with the drilled hole.

Ted
They can also be used in a drill press to c'bore multiple holes quickly.

Well i find and see it is nice for quick changes of counterbores. But i also have holders for them so its nice to get more bc of that. Ive never used them yet though.

Back