Radial pin drive counterbores

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
You know where I am ! :big grin: Take your time , they're not going anywhere soon . :laughing:

We're heading up 81 this Friday morning up to Lake Placid and the property also . A week in the mountains is a cure all . :)

Brento

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Well i am trying to organize so i figure the sooner i buy them the sooner i will have them ready to organize haha. If you get an idea for a price please let me know so i know what type of funds i am looking at spending so i can can sell more stuff to make funds back

talvare

Ted A
Alcap wrote:
"Hope no one minds me ask here . I have gotten though the years different counter bores but never used them . When I did need to make a counter board holes I used an end mill . Could someone explain the times/uses for them ? Thanks"

All of my counter-bores have interchangeable pilots. I use them primarily to counter-bore for socket head cap screws. The advantage that I see using a counter-bore vs an end mill, is that the pilot insures that the counter-bore is concentric with the drilled hole.

Ted

Winegrower

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I have a nice smaller diameter set, up to about 3/8” or so. As noted, the pilot pin is a good feature, and remember that an end mill won’t necessarily make a perfectly flat bottomed counterbore, where these gizmos will.

Brento

I have a nice smaller diameter set, up to about 3/8” or so. As noted, the pilot pin is a good feature, and remember that an end mill won’t necessarily make a perfectly flat bottomed counterbore, where these gizmos will.
Nice i have more bigger like 1" and 3/4. Id like to get smaller.

MrWhoopee

Alcap wrote:
"Hope no one minds me ask here . I have gotten though the years different counter bores but never used them . When I did need to make a counter board holes I used an end mill . Could someone explain the times/uses for them ? Thanks"

All of my counter-bores have interchangeable pilots. I use them primarily to counter-bore for socket head cap screws. The advantage that I see using a counter-bore vs an end mill, is that the pilot insures that the counter-bore is concentric with the drilled hole.

Ted
They can also be used in a drill press to c'bore multiple holes quickly.

MrWhoopee

Brento

Well i find and see it is nice for quick changes of counterbores. But i also have holders for them so its nice to get more bc of that. Ive never used them yet though.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock