Radius turning contraption

Hi rwm,

I think this works like a taper attachment, but I have never seen one in action.
Curious to know how the cross slide is released on taper attachment.
On my lathe, just remove two screws and rotate the lead screw out.
This is just a one off part, so reassembling and adjusting the cross slide is not a issue.

Wagner

Useful device! My lathe has a double cross-slide - the upper under control of the cross feed screw (and so the power cross-feed) with nut on the middle, the middle either bolted to the carriage or linked to the taper attachment sliding shoe - and it would be pretty simple to construct a swinging link like that between middle and the taper attachment bar - I may have to give this a try! Thanks for the inspiration!

Dave H. (the other one)

That is one cool contraption. Thanks.

and just to think I always thought that a fusee was a road flare.

Very neatly done, making steps on a pulley would work this way just like a tracer attachments.

Useful device! My lathe has a double cross-slide - the upper under control of the cross feed screw (and so the power cross-feed) with nut on the middle, the middle either bolted to the carriage or linked to the taper attachment sliding shoe - and it would be pretty simple to construct a swinging link like that between middle and the taper aBttachment bar - I may have to give this a try! Thanks for the inspiration,

British Steel, My lathe also has a double cross slide, It is a Holbrook, Is your machine the same make?

Yep, Model C No 13! I've not seen a double cross-slide on anything else, but I assume some other makers must use 'em, they're a logical way to make taper and copy attachments work - although expensive and at the cost of some height over the cross-slide.

Which of England's Finest is yours? Have you found the Yahoo Holbrook group, it's quite useful and informative?

Dave H. (the other one)

Back