Raising the working height of my Bridgeport

Yea it did raise it a touch more than ideal. I actually didn't do it for working height purposes but rather to get it off the floor, leveling it, and also being able to get my pallet jack underneath to move it around if need be. No, not something id do very often but one less hassle when the need arises. The other thing was im always nervous if the basement ever floods. God forbid a bit of water touch that base haha. At some point I plan to replace the tube with C-channel with the flanges pointing downward. Still plenty strong and will allow lowering by two more inches. As you can see the studs just barely poke thru the top if the tube. Pic is old. Lock nuts are now on inside of tube (pita) The feet have urethane pucks in pockets underneath which is nice. I think these are the ones i used...
http://catalog.monroeengineering.co...s/anti-vibe-stud-style-heavy-duty/item-102585

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking you must be about 6'6" :rofl:

It a good idea if you ever need to move it and you can always build a wood platform around the base to suit your height and it's more comfortable than standing on concrete.

Back