Rant time !

It isn't always what you know or how hard you work. For some it is just who you know. ;)
My Dad use to say this, and as a young man full of "p___ -n-vinegar" I was hesitant to buy in. My Dad was the type of man that never talked about the War or what went on at work As I've aged I realize it is absolutely a fact.... "Who you know is the key". We too have been dealing with this in my work place, A good friend and I have worked hard, stretched our finances to get the proper "required" certifications to have a guy walk in without any field experience or certifications to our department at our pay grade...… Yep, turns out he is connected to the new division manager that got hired last fall, The division manager is a golfing/drinking buddy of the owner....nough said I'm getting depressed and I've got several years before "blessed retirement" where I can pursue my hobbies.

Interesting that my and PHPaul's posts were moved here where it looks like a random post. I thought they followed the pic in the joke of the day thread perfectly.

I can understand why you see it that way. However, your post and the one following it was perceived to be taking the joke thread off track and towards the "I quit my job" rant. This seemed like a better place for the posts. Hopefully you can understand the decision to move them.

We go off topic here all the time. The picture of the tool box made me think of how I got my box home when I quit that job and my post tied into the previous post. People thought it was funny when they saw me rip my front seat out, throw it into the back and stuff my tool box in. I bet others here got a grin on there face when they visualized my driving down the road in a Camaro with a big tool box where my passenger seat was.

It's a joke thread, I didn't realize we took it so seriously. Now my post doesn't tie into anything here.

Go ahead and delete it if you like.

All good with me. Didn't realize there WAS a rant section.

I love a good rant, and indulge myself fairly frequently.

Back