Rapid Air Compressed Air System For Your Shop

4GSR

Forum Guest
Register Today
Has anyone installed one of these systems in their shop? Pro's Con's?

It's on my radar and I'm thinking of installing one. Can't decide if I want to go with 3/8 or 1/2 air lines. The 3/4 is way too big for my needs.
What started this, is, needing some 1/4" tubing to connect up a couple of misters I bought. The more I looked for fittings to run the tubing from my compressor to make this work, bam! I stumbled across 3/8 air line fittings/system along with 1/2 system stuff, too.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0015A11U2/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IF9UWCJEZQWT2&colid=2N1PWR8VSYL3O&psc=0

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01H633...liid=I2JM0000LIJDWQ&colid=2N1PWR8VSYL3O&psc=0

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073YD8K1M/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1PBMJ1G7Q8YBZ&colid=2N1PWR8VSYL3O&psc=1

I've also looked at several Youtube videos, too. Too many to list here.

I considered it years ago. I saw it in HF online (no longer). I should have bit, since they stopped carrying soon after, and it was real inexpensive from them about $30 while Rapid Air wanted more than $100. That price seems better than what I have been seeing. You do realize that you can probably do your own setup using pex for a lot less, and make your own blocks easily.

They do the job though, I have seen 2 installations, and both guys were happy with it.

It has been on my raider for a couple of years. It get's good reviews every where. Nice to see it coming down in price. 1/2" used to be over 100.
The HF version was a cheap knock off so I passed on it. If you have the material to make the wall mounts it would be cheaper to add on to.

Yeah, I was thinking the same, making my own blocks. Right now finding time to make them is not going to happen for a while. Just doing some preplanning.

It has been on my raider for a couple of years. It get's good reviews every where. Nice to see it coming down in price. 1/2" used to be over 100.
The HF version was a cheap knock off so I passed on it. If you have the material to make the wall mounts it would be cheaper to add on to.
I actually think the HF was the same kit. The blocks and everything looked the same. I figured that whoever was making them for Rapid Air at the time sold a alot to HF. And HF was told to stop by Rapid Air. (just assuming). Same with a gear head clamp, that they just stopped carrying. It was the exact same as the Jorgensen.. I kinda get the impression that they are buying from the same manufacturer sometimes.

Last edited:
I actually think the HF was the same kit. The blocks and everything looked the same. I figured that whoever was making them for Rapid Air at the time sold a alot to HF. And HF was told to stop by Rapid Air. (just assuming). Same with a gear head clamp, that they just stopped carrying. I was the exact same as the Jorgensen.. I kinda get the impression that they are buying from the same manufacturer sometimes.

No it was a knock off . Rapid air had a big disclaimer on the front page That they did not make the HF kit and could not warranty it as they where getting a lot of complaints from HF costumers.

No it was a knock off . Rapid air had a big disclaimer on the front page That they did not make the HF kit and could not warranty it as they where getting a lot of complaints from HF costumers.
Or, that could have been Rapid Air's way of dealing with them, put out a page that says they are totally inferior and require support. I do know they stopped really quickly. But you may be right as well. Just hard to tell what's what.

Once you go with those type of fittings, you will never go back to anything else. Being able to push the air line into the connector and yet, pull it back out if need be should you need to change something down the road.

I like the modular stuff but, instead of going that route, I bought a bag of 20 T-joints on Amazon or eBay for about $25 and a roll of vinyl compressor hose from HF and went to town. I put drop-downs for air all over the place and did it on-the-cheap.

Ray

I looked At the Harbor Freight kit first hand in the store and passed the fittings where junk. And it got a lot of bad reviews for leaking and tub splitting.

Back