Rat Rod Bicycle

woogie

Registered
Registered
Figures I would see if anyone here has made anything like this.

I was planning on mounting my motor to it, but found it was more fun to pedal than anything.

P4279544_zpsj6dakksa.jpg

She is close to 7' long and not an inch of the ground there at the front. She is a great lazy rider and smooth as a baby's butt as well. Really cool to see people looking at scratching their heads when they see the bike.

So what do you guys have?

I'm not into making bicycles, but I've seen some similar rides back when I lived in the Santa Ana CA (world's largest barrio). Those guys could put together some interesting rides. Oh, and nice ride! :D

Unorthodox bikes are a hoot to ride particularly if you enjoy being the centre of attention.:laughing:
I dont ride as much as I used to, too much pain these days. That being said we were only saying the other day that we should make an effort and have a ride.

That's alot of trail. Easy to follow a line. Not much good for criterium racing, and maneuvering in a pack of racers :). But, I was an LSD climber, never a sprinter, so I never cared to much about tight geometry, or high bottom brackets. That was well before STI, still have my padded wool shorts somewhere.
I'm interested in the pedal - seat geometry, looks almost like recumbent positioning.
How does she sit for longer rides?

Daryl
MN

That's alot of trail. Easy to follow a line. Not much good for criterium racing, and maneuvering in a pack of racers :).
But thats the point, if you are into pack racing or criterium racing you wouldnt want something like this.
The only real downside of a lot of trail is wheel flop, they steer ok just takes a bit of getting used to and virtually impossible to ride hands off.
Still damn good fun though.

Yah it is kind of funny to ride the first time. There will be no " hands free" riding with the wobbly front end. It is actually a pleasure to ride, my legs are not stretched to long. Before I put the small ape hangers on it you really had to learn forward to grab the bars. With my bad back it was a real pain, so had to switch it to these. I live a little over two miles from my work, and riding her is no problem.

All done the bike cost me around $40 to build. We have a spring clean up week here in town and I grabbed a few bikes for parts. The steel I got from my shop and about a weekend or two of welding and she was done.

Back