Rate the Harbor Freight Tools Thread- Pass or Fail?

Luv that two post lift. Have to get one someday, along with a properly sized shop structure.
Laying down on the ground with only 18" of work space is getting so old.

Now the question is: how did the tranny get on top of the 2-ton stand? :grin big:

Just bought one of these today. Was working under my 2 post lift trying to get the six speed trans and cross member fitted into my Nova and got tired of messing around with a floor jack.

Went together without problems which is unusual for HF products and is very heavy. It made positioning the trans very easy. With the 20% off coupon it was $69

View attachment 338105

I got lucky when I bought my shop. The lift came with it. There was a house also that came with the shop as I recall.

I've crawled under cars for 50 years, this makes it nice.

Why the trans just kind of slid in, of course it was attached to the back of my engine.

Used a tranny jack from who else, HF to raise and position it to bolt it onto the motor, and used an HF engine crane to slide it in.

Was a kind of HF day I guess.

And I just got back from HF. Bought a sump pump. My shop flooded yesterday so hopefully this will be a temporary fix.

Last edited:
I have a sump pump from HF that I bought ~15 years ago to drain our pool. Still use it for the hot tub.

The 10,000 lb hoist in my old shop is definitely something I miss though. Maybe again someday....

John

I hope my pump lasts that long.

Its kinda weird, it won't pump in a vertical position, you angle it over and it emptied my ditch behind my shop quickly. I got 60ft. Oof flat drainage hose from lowes and put the outlet in my gravel driveway. Hasn't rained again to see how it works. But im sure i won't have to wait long for that to happen.

This is the first lift I've ever had. Kinda nice.ditch.jpg

Last edited:
'Kinda nice'??? How about bloody awesome?! :grin: I am envious to say the least.
Especially when one passes the 55 year mark.

I hope my pump lasts that long.

Its kinda weird, it won't pump in a vertical position, you angle it over and it emptied my ditch behind my shop quickly. I got 60ft. Of flat drainage how from lowes and put the outlet in my gravel driveway. Hasn't rained agyet to see how it works. But im sure i won't have to waitong for that to happen.

This is the first lift I've ever had. Kinda nice.

Why your just still a young buck.

Climbing under a car should still be a piece of cake for you :cool:
Hehe, that was six years ago. Seems to me that's when it started to become a chore.
It's that sliding and scooting in and out that gets old quick.
Had to replace the radiator on Honey's ol' Caddy a month or so ago. A couple of those lower lines would have been easier to get at with a lift. :beguiled:

I confess I have not read every page of this thread. HF tends to be "good enough " for casual users which many of us are. I have the 4x6 bandsaw which has done nothing but work for over 20 years. Same for 24 Gallon compressor. Same age and used a lot. Same for pancake compressor (same unit small tank) which I have in an outbuilding and only use once in a while. Special mention though for a new product (about a year now) . The Titanium Easy Flux 125 welder is a jewel for people new to welding. Every review has been good and the thing just works. An inverter DC welder at any kind of a reasonable price is little short of amazing . I had never welded a thing in my life and took it to a friend's shop where we set it up alongside a Lincoln. The last I heard my friend was considering selling the Lincoln. I learned enough that day to be confident of doing my own minor fix type welding at home. Definitely a pass.

Back