Rate the Harbor Freight Tools Thread- Pass or Fail?

Ah to be 55 again and not have had a stroke.

Those were the good old days.

I just got a coupon for the HF shop light.

I have 2 and paid the $30 for them.

Definitely worth getting. Very bright, have one over my CNC lathe and machining center. On the machining center I don't even turn the light on inside the machine, I just use the shop light.

20200925_205106.jpg

Definitely worth getting. Very bright, have one over my CNC lathe and machining center. On the machining center I don't even turn the light on inside the machine, I just use the shop light.

View attachment 338294
I like these. As noted in the link below I installed (3) different ones so far this summer.
The Braun is a 'softer' light, it's easier on my eyes than the 'Daylights' I've installed.

I recently bought their US General 42" roll around tool cabinet. They helped load it into the pickup with a forklift. It's almost 300#s! Got it to my shop and used a forklift to unload. un-boxed, no damage, everything fully assembled, it works well. It was easy to move the deep drawer up and two shallow drawers down. The guides work well but aren't as heavily made as professional ones. But certainly good enough for hobby use. I have a Craftsman cabinet & top chest that I got when they were closing out. Same drawer guides, very similar construction. I've looked at Lowes, Home Dipo and Medard's. They all look very similar but are considerably more expensive.

I picked up some of the HF magnetic tool rails today. They work well but I'm using them on my cnc lathe and didn't want to drill holes in the lathe door to mount them. So I used some of there craft magnets and stuck them to the door. Worked out pretty well.

20200926_151238.jpg

View attachment 338294
+1 on the shop light... bought a couple of them, one in the wife's craft room and one in my shop over my mill.
We both recommend them. Excellent light, reasonable price.

I have those HF LED light. They are great. Very bright and only $20 with coupon. I'm slowly replacing my fluorescent lights with these.

Corded 4-1/2 in. 5 Amp Angle Grinder 60372 alternate photo #1

Corded 4-1/2 in. 5 Amp Angle Grinder 60372 alternate photo #2

CHICAGO ELECTRIC
Corded 4-1/2 In. 5 Amp Angle Grinder

0 stars. Life expectancy of about 10 minutes. 1 died motor burned up, second one died because crappy switch failed.

I like these. As noted in the link below I installed (3) different ones so far this summer.
The Braun is a 'softer' light, it's easier on my eyes than the 'Daylights' I've installed.

I've bought several LED shop lights @ Sam's Club $20 bright white. Oldest one is now 4yrs and still fine.

I bought 3 of those a little over a year ago, and surprisingly they have held up well under pretty hard use. I did replace what passes for grease in the gear drives (looks like soft soap) with some good molly. Think I paid $7 each. Time will tell. Mike

Corded 4-1/2 in. 5 Amp Angle Grinder 60372 alternate photo #1

Corded 4-1/2 in. 5 Amp Angle Grinder 60372 alternate photo #2

CHICAGO ELECTRIC
Corded 4-1/2 In. 5 Amp Angle Grinder

0 stars. Life expectancy of about 10 minutes. 1 died motor burned up, second one died because crappy switch failed.
Get the black ones that cost like $14 on sale. I usually keep three, one with a flap disk, one with a cutoff wheel and one with the stock grinding wheel. I've paid as little as ten bucks and they do fine for me.

John

Back