Rate the Harbor Freight Tools Thread- Pass or Fail?

I have a bread nailer/stapler(blue) that I've been using for over 10 years that is great but I'm sure that one is hard to find. I've also had the blue air nailer that shoots any kind of nail that is bearly a pass but for the price it isn't bad but my wife wanted her own to help build the house so I bought the red one that is super light & it works great. Only thing is with the red one is that it will kick back really bad if your not holding it good & it just starts the nail if it does.

I also have a cement mixer I bought for one job & it worked great. I've used it a few more times after that & it has been in the yard since day one so I don't know if it still works or not but it paid for its self.

I just bought a sawmill that I still need to put together & the 12,000 lbs winch so I'll have to let you know on those.

Any spinning refill item: Wire wheels, grinding wheels, flap disks, etc.

Pass and/or fail. You don't know until you mount 'em up and start the motor. Warrantee replacement for the imbalanced ones.

Any spinning refill item: Wire wheels, grinding wheels, flap disks, etc.

Pass and/or fail. You don't know until you mount 'em up and start the motor. Warrantee replacement for the imbalanced ones.

! EXACTLY !

I bought two 8" wire brush wheels at HF last fall. One brass and one steel. The brass wheel had been sitting on the shelf so long the box had disintegrated, and it was on the red tag table at a reduced price. I have to admit that I had pretty low expectations when I bought them, but was pleasantly surprised.

They are both reasonably well balanced, and the most amazing part (to me) is that they do not seem to throw wire bristles. My wire wheel machine spins at over 3500 RPM, and has a 1.5HP motor. It's a monster. I've cleaned up some big parts and brought that motor to a stall several times, but I never end up wearing any wires. I'm impressed. A definite "better than pass" in my opinion.

GG

Last edited:
I've got two of their 44" toolboxes and love them. They fit neatly under my bench and have good quality drawers and roller ball sliders. You can get them for $349 if you wait (they're running $352 right now, may be the new low price) and they're almost always at $359-369 somewhere.

I've also added their 48" power strip above the bench for quick "light duty" electrical stuff that needs a plug, like a soldering gun or a trouble light.

To know what a word means it must be broken down
bi means adieu, syanara, cheerio, ciao, hasta la vista, etc.
polar, I'm leaving to one end of the earth, or the other. :)

I'm aiming on buying the 5 drawer cart when it gets back in stock local.

Back