Rate the Harbor Freight Tools Thread- Pass or Fail?

Hey Mike how old is yours? I bought the same tool about 15 years ago and mine is going strong. It seems things are getting cheaper in quality to keep the prices down.

Looks pretty common. I used to see a bunch of them in this condition. It's really hard to say without actually having been the one using the tool but it is usually user error that leads to these tools in this condition but it could have been a defect.

I usually get long use out of my Harbor Freight tools but I am also good at judging tools by just holding them in my hand & I've learns to fell the stress in tools as I'm using them. There is tools at HF I wouldn't carry home if they face them to me.

Hey Mike how old is yours? I bought the same tool about 15 years ago and mine is going strong. It seems things are getting cheaper in quality to keep the prices down.
It was bought last fall.

Looks pretty common. I used to see a bunch of them in this condition. It's really hard to say without actually having been the one using the tool but it is usually user error that leads to these tools in this condition but it could have been a defect..
I'm pretty certain the bending occurred while it was being used, as I would have noticed this when I picked it up, and I do have experience using these. You'll have to take my word that I know what I'm doing I guess. :) I think the only reason it happened was that I had a really stuck balljoint. I haven't had many that were that hard to remove, so maybe the tool would have survived. Maybe. YRMV.

yes on the welding hoods ..about 5 years and going strong.
The tap and die sets are, like anything involving China threads, CRAP. They have hardened burrs on
them that cut better than the thread itself, plus if U check the dims and mm of them they aren't what they should be. Haven't got a complete usable set yet!

Oh yes, the tap and dies... I bought a set that has taps that are pretty functional, but the dies not so much. The labeling is very difficult to read as well, as in get out the bright light and magnifier.
I have plenty of tools from them that work great though.

Big fat 0 for their "Emory cloth". This is the actual cloth abrasive that they sell in sheets, not the wet-n-dry sand paper HF has labeled as Emory cloth.

Loads fast while simultaneously removing the grit. Clean out the gunk and you have cloth.

Same here. I've had mine for 20yrs or better and have used and abused it with no ill affect. I do keep a fine coat of anti-seize on it. Over the yrs I'd say more decent products than not. A thread like this helps wade through the chaff. Mike

Back