Ray HasBrouck #10 Reversing Steam Engine

engine ear

Registered
Registered
:biggrin:

Hi all,
My current build is a reversing steam engine designed by Ray HasBrouck (#10). I'll hopefully attach a picture or two of some progress I've made. Progress 11_2_11.JPGProgress 11_6_2011.JPG
Cheers,
Phil

Progress 11_2_11.JPG Progress 11_6_2011.JPG

Looks like a greta start Phil!!!:biggrin:

What size is the completed engine going to be?
Looks to be a pretty good size!

Andrew

Wow that looks almost as big as my machines:thinking: you are going to need one rather large boiler

Hi Lazy Lathe and Grayone,

It is the largest engine I've built to date - 2 1/4" bore x 3.0" stroke. I'll probably just run it on air at least initially. I also have access to a large boiler with steam at 60 psi in the model building at Kinzers, PA and would like to eventually steam it there. It was designed to push a steamboat of 14' or more in length but my boatbuilding days are 30 years behind me.:(

Cheers,
Phil

If I ever build a steam engine, I want to copy the one on the African Queen.

Yours looks pretty good. Keep up with the pictures!

Thanks Tony and Dave,
I'll try to update this project from time to time. I'd like to hear from anyone who's built this engine or one like it.

Phil

This is as far as I've gotten. I'm pleased with the way things have come together. I need to make the valve operating gear to finish it.

The Cabin Fever Expo will keep me out of the shop for a while.

Cheers,
Phil

12_28_11 progress.JPG

Nice engine. It's almost big enough to run a small boat on steam.

that came out nice and it sounds like it has some power
I run my engines on air i tried steam and it worked but what a mess everything got wet in the shop
steve

Back