Ray of Sunshine .... Storm Cloud

Mark_f

Registered
Registered
After 17 years together, I asked my girlfriend to marry me. She said yes and I gave her a 1 1/2 carat engagement ring. We had about 6 great years together after we first met but she had a disease which was terminal. I stood by her for the next 7 years while she laid in a hospital bed most of the time and she almost died twice. A few years ago, a cure was developed for this disease and she was one of the first to try it. She is completely cured now for the last several years and her body has improved to be almost completely back to normal today. I asked her to marry a very short time ago and last week I discovered she is having an affair with a male friend of hers. I told her she had to choose between him or me and she refuses to give him up.(she actually thought she could keep us both).
This brings me to today. I will be closing my shop for the winter as soon as the few small projects in process are finished. I have no desire to machine anything right now. Without her I will be forced into bankruptcy. I see a lawyer next Monday. She will leave me with all the bills as they are in my name. I may not be able to save my shop. I never dreamed anything like this would happen at age 66. I intend to visit here and read what everyone is doing, but I most likely will not be posting anymore.
The part that really hurts is I took care of her and gave her anything she asked for all these years and now I stand to lose everything. I just dont know what to do.

I don't know what to say.
So sad.

Ray

Stay strong Brother...You deserve better after all the support and love you gave her...Krama will catch up to her...In the meantime find the meanest lawyer you can and see what options you have...I've seen this type of thing before, a near-death experience changes people in ways they don't even realize...Never forget we are here for you
**Gator**

damn Mark, that is bad news- i'm very sorry to hear it.
she doesn't deserve your devotion or your love.
it's going to be tough but you must move on.
do not give her the satisfaction of showing emotion when dealing with her.
you did the right thing she did not- this is not your problem, this is her problem.
she blew it with an honorable man.
she will get what is coming to her without you having to do anything, soon enough

wow...I am sorry to hear that. You did right seeing the lawyer. Depending on the laws of your state, you my have some recourse. Either way, the others are right. Karma is tough. And someone who cheats with your significant other will cheat ON her as well. Don't let this stop you from keeping your shop alive and active because if you do, then she wins.

ouch... i hope it all turns out for the better for you Mark. Stay strong.

No words can express what I am feeling about your situation. I think you should follow the advise above and see a lawyer then move on from there.

Back