Ray of Sunshine .... Storm Cloud

Stay strong brother, it's a strange world nowadays

Hang in there Mark. She obviously forgot how good she had it with you. Like Nels said, her new guy will likely cheat on her down the road. Keep your head held high and move on.
Best Wishes

After 17 years together, I asked my girlfriend to marry me. She said yes and I gave her a 1 1/2 carat engagement ring. We had about 6 great years together after we first met but she had a disease which was terminal. I stood by her for the next 7 years while she laid in a hospital bed most of the time and she almost died twice. A few years ago, a cure was developed for this disease and she was one of the first to try it. She is completely cured now for the last several years and her body has improved to be almost completely back to normal today. I asked her to marry a very short time ago and last week I discovered she is having an affair with a male friend of hers. I told her she had to choose between him or me and she refuses to give him up.(she actually thought she could keep us both).
This brings me to today. I will be closing my shop for the winter as soon as the few small projects in process are finished. I have no desire to machine anything right now. Without her I will be forced into bankruptcy. I see a lawyer next Monday. She will leave me with all the bills as they are in my name. I may not be able to save my shop. I never dreamed anything like this would happen at age 66. I intend to visit here and read what everyone is doing, but I most likely will not be posting anymore.
The part that really hurts is I took care of her and gave her anything she asked for all these years and now I stand to lose everything. I just dont know what to do.

Very sorry to hear about this, Mark. Yeah, see a lawyer and get your ring back - she doesn't deserve it, or you.

What a huge bummer. Don't know what to say except I'm so sorry.
Please keep posting when you feel like it. We all value and enjoy your friendship.

Wow! unbelievable........not really, happens more than one thinks.
Sorry brother. Stay active in the site to keep from ruminating on the negative.
Peace be with you Mark and that goes for the rest of you.

Sorry Mark. I just stumbled into this one. You deserve much better than this.

"Billy G"

PS --- Answer the phone, LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear this Mark, Stay strong and keep your spirts up and do not give up hope,

Stay strong Mark. I know it's easier said than done.
But remember this... Time does heal all wounds.
Bill W.

So sorry to hear this Mark,but don't let this win you.You wil overcome this and she will get what is coming to her. Don't give up and now is the time in my opinion to be in your shop to get your mind of everything that is going on. Good luck Mark,we are all thinking of you and it would be a sad day to loose what you have to offer to this forum.

After 17 years together, I asked my girlfriend to marry me. She said yes and I gave her a 1 1/2 carat engagement ring. We had about 6 great years together after we first met but she had a disease which was terminal. I stood by her for the next 7 years while she laid in a hospital bed most of the time and she almost died twice. A few years ago, a cure was developed for this disease and she was one of the first to try it. She is completely cured now for the last several years and her body has improved to be almost completely back to normal today. I asked her to marry a very short time ago and last week I discovered she is having an affair with a male friend of hers. I told her she had to choose between him or me and she refuses to give him up.(she actually thought she could keep us both).
This brings me to today. I will be closing my shop for the winter as soon as the few small projects in process are finished. I have no desire to machine anything right now. Without her I will be forced into bankruptcy. I see a lawyer next Monday. She will leave me with all the bills as they are in my name. I may not be able to save my shop. I never dreamed anything like this would happen at age 66. I intend to visit here and read what everyone is doing, but I most likely will not be posting anymore.
The part that really hurts is I took care of her and gave her anything she asked for all these years and now I stand to lose everything. I just dont know what to do.
Sorry Mark.

Back