RC Corsair Exhaust

epanzella

Active User
Registered
I'm converting a radio controlled Corsair from electric power to an internal combustion glow fuel engine. Since there is no commercially available exhaust system for this application I had to make my own out of aluminum billet. The engine will be mounted inverted with twin pipes pointing down out of the cowl. I still have a lot of control cable and motor mount work to do before the engine is installed but I had to finish the exhaust system first to determine clearances.

DSC_0231.JPGDSC_0239.JPGDSC_0240.JPGDSC_0246.JPGDSC_0251.JPGDSC_0252.JPGWARPAINT.JPG

You don't see a lot of electric to glow conversions these days. Nice looking exhaust, you got a good, compact fit.

You don't see a lot of electric to glow conversions these days. Nice looking exhaust, you got a good, compact fit.

Correct, mostly i/c to electric conversions these days.

Be careful with weight. The plane MUST balance. I've built rc planes since the early 80's, happy to help here if I can.

I like them big.

Attachments

• 20171029_173358.jpg
    20171029_173358.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 49
It's a big heavy plane that came with a 4 cell brushless outrunner. Not nearly enough power. I replaced the motor with the most powerful 4 cell I could find and it still limps around the sky. I don't want to go to 6 cell. I've got a bunch of 60's so, what the hell, I'm going for it! Ha, did I mention the plane is foam? Should be interesting. And yeah, it's gonna take some tailweight. The 5000 mah batt was heavy but it's closer to the CG than the glow 60.

Back