• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Read-out head for IGaging set Up

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

joebiplane

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I installed an i gaging DRO 2 axis system on my Grizz 0619 Mil ( SX 3 ) but the need to replace batteries when I use it is a PITA is there a compatible 2 axis read out that uses 120 V for power I don't use the Mill very often and the batteries run down in a month or so

WarrenP

I hate when batteries go dead, especially when you aren't using them. That's why I like to use dial calipers, etc . Sorry cant answer your question myself, but wanted to put my 2 cents in about batteries. : )

RJSakowski

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
All batteries are not equal. I have observed that the no-name button cells (e.g. LR44) and CR20xx type lithium batteries don't have the same capacity as the name brand batteries have.

middle.road

Actively Learning...
All batteries are not equal. I have observed that the no-name button cells (e.g. LR44) and CR20xx type lithium batteries don't have the same capacity as the name brand batteries have.
Isn't that the truth? I attempted to 'recharge' my stack of 2032's in a junker desktop computer. Hasn't quite worked out yet.
I guess that if the cell gets too low the circuit on the mobo can't charge 'em.

[6]
[5] [7]