Resolved Reading thread starting from beginning/first unread.

umnik

Registered
Registered
When you see list of threads and click on one of them, you will always get to first unread post in the thread. Is there any way to go to first post in the thread? All forums I participated have different behavior. If you click on title you go straight to fist post in the thread. But there is "new" icon somewhere around thread title in the list and pressing it will lead to first unread message.

Easy enough to just scroll up to the top of the page, but, yeah, I hear you --- !

In the listing, if you click on the date that it was posted, you will be taken to the initial post.

So, if I select "New Posts" and go down through the list, if I click the date under the main topic, for a post in the listing, it takes me to the first, initial post of that thread.

Ted

Ted,
that's work, but... on desktop computer. If you read the forum on a phone you see the date of last post to the thread and no date of original posting, so clicking the date leads to last post in the thread.

With a phone, there is a catch... to see the list with the original posting date you have to hold the phone in landscape! ;)

Holding the phone vertically, you see the date of the last post. Holding it horizontally shows the original posting date like on a PC. At least, this is the way it works on my Pixel II using Chrome.

Ted

This is a good question, but I'm not sure that there is one answer. It really depends on if you are on a desktop browser or on your phone. Another big difference is when you are on your phone with Tapatalk.

Back