Real world training

Superburban

Registered
Registered
Yes, it sucks for the sailors to be out to sea for so long, but the training they are getting, sounds to be better then any other cruise.

Just a quick excerpt.

When the San Jacinto's helicopter bay door broke, the crew members had to get creative. It was the middle of the night, and they realized they needed to replace a large sprocket.

“My guys did the research, and they said, ‘Hey, these 90-pound dumbbells are made from the same material that we need for this gear,’” Crossman said in an interview from the ship. So, they took the dumbbell down to the machine shop and created the part.

“If they were magicians,” Crossman said, “they’d have 100 rabbits running around the house because they keep pulling them out of their hats.”

As a National Guard Transportation Company commander, my main emphasis was for everybody to know their equipment, and it capabilities and limits. In Desert Storm, we did a lot of unconventional fixes due to lack of repair parts, but we were able to keep every truck operational safely the whole time.

Give our Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen the chance to do their job, they will excell. Clip their wings, and do not let them do things, they will get discouraged, and leave when their time is up.

Sounds like a job shop at sea . Gotta get by with whatcha got ! :encourage:

OUT STANDING....

The military gets out of any trouble. That's how they were taught, and it's inspiring for our young generation. I notice that not so many young people are willing to do sport. I have a son, and I tried as much as possible to show him through my example how essential it is to have an active lifestyle. So, when I do work out, I take him with me. To try, or even just to watch. I recently bought some adjustable dumbbells to exercise at home. I read this article https://www.fitnessbaddies.com/cheap-adjustable-dumbbells/, which convinced me that it's worth investing in such dumbells. And, my son, who is eight years old, wanted to take one and do as I do. Just through our example, we can teach our kids what is better for them.

Last edited:
Back