Rear way cover Ring Fu 31?

Cadillac STS

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
I need to replace that rubber cover to the rear of the y axis that covers the screw and ways

What is that called and where do I get one?

You have the name, "Way cover". Do an internet search for something like "Mill way cover" and you will get a good list.

One example, MSC Direct.

Way covers at MSC Direct

These are not cheap. I decided to "temporarily" use a piece of white woven plastic from a bag. I like the white, it reflects the light from the work light in the top of the picture. I need the light in this location.

This is a tough plastic. Perhaps too light duty for many people, but it is working for my hobby needs so far and I have the other side of the bag when this wears out.

Grizzly_G1008_mill_way_cover_8190.jpg

I have used a section of the walking belt from a junked treadmill.
Flexible, tough, and cheep.

Ray

Would someone post the measurements of the stock rear way cover? Length and width. Thanks

I was looking at using some way cover material I had for a Bridgeport and needed the measurement specs of stock cover to trim down

Mine was falling apart, so I cut a new one from a piece of treadmill belt. Works great.

Its 11-1/2" square.

Great, thanks.

I was thinking since I was putting on a new one that I might install it with a small tilt to one side so coolant will flow off one direction.

My RF31 is new to me. It was a CNCJunior and I bought it used with no motor controller. I just completed a CNC retrofit with a servo system and it is fitted with a coolant system. Just doing some final completion of the control box and getting ready to start using it.

Back