rebuilt ford 302 1970 model

irishwoodsman

Active User
Registered
heres a 302 ford me and son rebuilt it was his first one so dad kinda gave a hand lol:biggrin:Mac

Picture 305.jpg

i here ya there Jerry:biggrin:Mac its going into a 68 f100 as soon as we get the c4 rebuilt we updated the truck to disc brakes and a rearend out of a granda that way it wont hurt him to bad on gas:biggrin:

I had a 77 Bronco and it had the 302 in it. Sweet running engine; your looks good.

very nice work there them look great, we are taking our time on this since i cant move like i used to but i tell my son the truck will look like the time you put in it, so far its been going good, we put a updated steering colum in it which i had to shorten before i found out a 72 would have bolted right up lol:biggrin:Mac

irish

i think you're trying to deestract our attention from that motor!:)

are there 2 barrel and 4 barrel heads for 302?

what i'm getting at is do you have small port valves and

ports to go with 2 barrel intake and carb?

Have A Nice Day!

this motor is all original it came from the factory with 2 barrel carb and a c4, this is not a 302 boss, when we pulled the engine it had 93000 miles we bored her out 10 over new cast pistons had the rods reconditioned, had the block line bored for the new crank mains and rod bearings, new cam just a tad above stock new lifters new cam bearings new valve seats and valve grind, new freeze plugs, the original carb was sent out and rebuilt which is a autolite 2 barrel:biggrin:Mac

irish

listen to you!:)

'sent it out'. wow! you must be rolling in the dollars!:)

take a look at my 'Budgeteer Holley Carb Stand'.

you see what's on it?

that's the Autolite 2 BBL from 292.

Have A Nice Day!

yea we sent her out to have the machine work done, rolling in doe we are not lol, but as long as he keeps going to colledge ole dad trys to help where he can, i've been around mechanics most my life and was able to call in a few favors to cut down on pricing, we have about 800.00 in the engine as it sits and i know i can't buy a crate engine for that, plus we saved by tearing it down and putting it back together ourselves. and yes thats a nifty carb stand, and if it had feelings in my hands i would have prob made that and rebuilt the carbs myself but i cant pickup little things anymore or hold on to them lol.:cool: so you adapt and overcome and keep going forward:biggrin:Mac

woody

the thermostat coming straight out means something about Cleveland/Windsor.

you remember what?

what's going on with that paint/coating on waterpump and valve covers?

Have A Nice Day!

Back