rebuilt ford 302 1970 model

thats my sons designs on colors lol as far as the goose neck i'm not for sure on , this is a windsor engine though, here is some pics of truck hoping to get painted this summer and yes i will be doing the painting on the body:biggrin: heres a pic of the motor thats in it now its a 351 windsor marine engine 235hp it came out of my 76 webbcraft 16ft boat but we have a prob with it overheating due to rust in the water ports to much river water i guess but once its out i'm going to have the blocked to see if i can save it, it runs to good to trash it, keeping fingers crossed:thinking:Mac

Picture 306.jpg Picture 307.jpg

yes most of it has been fun so far but one thing, that year had a double crossmember in it, meaning the only way to get tranny in or out was to pull motor, we improvised, we took a torch cut it out welded some flat plates to the end of the crossmember like the transmission crossmember drilled 4 holes and whala we now can pully tranny without removing engine:biggrin:Mac

irish

i owned a '74-76 F100 up to 2004.

a 'cowboy hotrod' not a 'cowboy cadillac'.

cadillac has all the options.

my hotrod was 390 option only and with it they made you get p/s.

so i just kept going over it fixing little things.

did i do something wrong?:)

Have A Nice Day!

the 390 was a good engine so much that i stuffed one in a 67 ford falcon in my early days and oh was it a tight fit but boy did she run, i really guess the only 2 engines that ford made that i didn't like was the 351 modified and the 400 they seemed not to hold up good like the other engines, i had a ford cyclone back in 73 that had a 429 cobra jet in it and it was stock engine and it ran like a jack rabbit but like some stupid kids do i took a curve trying to make it straight took a fence out and 2 Holstein cows and then thanked god he spared me, that was the last of my fast cars, the 73 upto 76 ford trucks are really sought after around here though and if you find one in good shape they go for a pretty penny, the only thing you did wrong was you got rid of it:biggrin:Mac

math for Hobby Machinists

was that the one with the hidden headlights:biggrin:mac

mr woods man

sticking with your 302.

what year?

5.0's were 'reinvented' 302's.

they were around way up to wonderful 4.6

i'm thrashing around with.

Have A Nice Day!

irish

retiree was selling Chevy 454 Camper Special for $1500

that i missed out on.

now there's 60's Dodge D300 for sale.

but some lady that got ahold of it some how and

thinks she can sell it for big bucks.

because old guy put lots of repairs in it.

which AIN'T going to happen.

D300 is very cool Dodge pickup. like really cool!

Have A Nice Day!

irish

you just forget about that D300!:)

once that 'second party' gets involved it's STAY AWAY!

anyhow about your 'street rod' approach to your little F100.

pickup trucks i keep stock.

race cars i build from scratch.

that mix 'n match stuff gives me the heebee jeebee's!

Have A Nice Day!

Back