rebuilt ford 302 1970 model

mix and match in the older vehicles is not bad you just have the basics to deal with, take ford trucks for instance motor mounts and stands, each engine has its own, smaller the engine the farther back it sits the bigger the engine more centered it is, the transmissions cross member has holes so it can move forward and backward depending on engine and transmission size, steering from manual to power you just have to know what yrs will interchange for the 68f100 is 70 to 74, the i beam interchange is 78 79 for disc brakes, c4 is a small block tranny from a 289 or 302 of course or a 351 windsor will interchange now here comes the tricky part flywheels torque converters must match the tranny:biggrin:Mac

but im sure you know the ends and out because you deal with the trannies and engine fore racing, my experience in building a race car is a fireball cam or what they used to call them a holly 650 and get it in the smallest car you can:biggrin:Mac

but racecar i do wish i had that knowledge to build race engines, my hats off to you:))Mac

irish

now i'm getting suspicious!:)

you mean Ford/Ford parts swapping.

like pic.

you know i didn't hear too much about that

with your rebuild here!

no factory HD parts in that little 302?

Have A Nice Day!

Ford V8 Performance Guide.jpg

Yes Mac all Cougars up in to the early70s had hideaway headlights, in 69 they narrowed down the nose and changed the grill bars from vertical to horizontal.

Jerry.:tiphat:
Thats what i thought i used to date a gal that had one, i called her ponytail and dont ask why are i will get booted lol but it was really nice car:biggrin:Mac

when we get ready to swap engines i will go into more detail with pictures, the only heavey duty part we put in engine was the cam it was a rv cam suppose to be good on gas, we'll see, i do like chevy too thats why i drive a 99 yukon says gmc but it still a chevy lol:biggrin:Mac

wood

i think that being near the big city is having an

effect on you!:)

just about every part on a rebuild has a hipo part

for a couple bucks more.

i mean like $40 set of pushrods and hipo ones are $44.

once you've done the deed and have engine out and apart

it don't take much more to add a little style to the rebuild!:)

you did good!:)

Have A Nice Day!

thank you racecare, the know how is not there yet and dont know if it ever will be at my age and health, its going to take all i can muster this summer to get it in and get painted, i did my daughters car about 4 yrs ago and i promised my son we would do his truck, i did do a 77ford kingcab back in the 90s it had a 460 went with a big cam roller rockers roller timing gears and painted white with red flames but i never could get it to run right issues with timing do to the big cam and the old timing marks wasnt good to use anymore, i had a guy tell me it had to be dialed in or somthing, but i did get 8000.00 for it when i sold it and after about a week i seen the guy driving it that brought tears to my eyes, but he new what he was doing lol:biggrin:mac

irish

the fix for that dampener.

would have been to nip that in the bud.

get good used or inexpensive brand new danpener.

check timing with engine on stand.

we'll get you taking junior for an e ticket ride!:)

Have A Nice Day!

Last edited:
Back