Received HF 44859 delivery today - Not so good

rosswindows

Registered
Registered
Received HF 8x12 44859 delivery today - Not so good

I just received delivery of my HF 44859 8x12.
The first thing I noticed was the crate was smashed and falling apart on the two long sides.
The toolbox was smashed and cracked with it's contents laying in the bottom of the crate.
The only things missing are one of the four allen wrenches (which I can live without. I have a hundred of them) and the MT3 (headstock) Center.
I made note of the damage on the delivery waybill and will be calling HF shortly.
If I wanted to buy extras of any parts that are prone to break, what would they be?
Also, where is the serial number located on this thing, in case HF wants to know?

Last edited:
Here are the pics that I took upon delivery and inspection.
Overall, I think it looks really good; better than some I've seen!

Sorry for the low quality. The lighting in my shop still isn't the best, but I'm working on it.

IMG_0216.JPG IMG_0217.JPG IMG_0219.JPG IMG_0220.JPG IMG_0222.JPG IMG_0223.JPG IMG_0224.JPG IMG_0225.JPG IMG_0226.JPG IMG_0228.JPG

Now that I think about it, it appears that I'm missing a drive belt. I think I should have two. Is that right?

Did you inspect it in front of the driver and get him to make a note on the bill of laden. With HF I would of refused delivery.

Did you inspect it in front of the driver and get him to make a note on the bill of laden. With HF I would of refused delivery.

I would have refused delivery of a new machine in that condition from any vendor.

That sucks! I would have refused delivery also.

If I wanted to buy extras of any parts that are prone to break, what would they be?
Also, where is the serial number located on this thing, in case HF wants to know?

Get some extra compound studs, they strip easily. Or you can just do what I did that I listed in my HF8x14 that I linked before (also in my sig).

On mine the serial number & mfg date was stamped on the name plate but you have the newer name plate so I'm not sure.

Now that I think about it, it appears that I'm missing a drive belt. I think I should have two. Is that right?

Yes, 2 belts, 1 V-belt & 1 yellow timing belt. Looks like the timing belt is already installed so you should be good.

Back