Received my PM949 and PM1340GT!!!

[X]Outlaw

Registered
Registered
They are finally here!!!! :D

I place an order with Matt for these two machines late December 2016 and finally had them delivered to me last Thursday. Their trip was long (Taiwan-->USA-->Trinidad and Tobago) but they arrived in perfect condition.

The service I received from QMT was great. Matt was always very helpful and always replied to emails in a timely manner. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Mark Jacobs was also very, very, VERY helpful in helping me understand everything involved in 3PH electrical setup. I am lucky enough to have one of his control systems for my lathe and I really appreciate all his help. I will be documenting the build of my VFD enclosure as well as the installation of Mark's control system in this thread as well.

I spent Thursday afternoon getting the machines moved to the back of my place, a task that was made easier by using a skid steer that my wife got borrowed for me from her work. Friday morning was spend getting them moved into the shop with a couple of pallet jacks. This went fairly smoothly and the only thing extra I had to do was remove the handles and lead screw from the Mill's table to get some additional clearance though the door.

After I got everything inventoried I started cleaning up the lathe. The finish on these machines are very very nice. The mill is beautiful!

I'm Hoping to get the Mill off the pallet and put in place weekend.

I'll document my setup progress on this thread. Hopefully it would be helpful to anyone considering any of these machines.

Looking forward to making some good parts with them in the coming months :)

Chevy

drcubb.jpg

2i2a00m.jpg

HGlqz48.jpg

You're gonna have some fun.
Congratulations!

-brino

Nice machines! Please do keep us updated on your progress! :encourage:

Chevy, Congratulations on two very nice machines. You are off to the races now! Hope your budget is plush for all the tooling you will now be buying!

You are wise person to acquire a Mark Jacobs control system for your lathe. His system is top shelf and so is his help! The combination of a good lathe and Mark's system aboard make for a very nice machine indeed.

Looking forward to following your progress here.

Congratulations! I'll go get the popcorn and wait for the show. We need lots of pictures of course. :D

This is definitely the most interesting color scheme for a machine shop yet! Love the lavender and sea green! All kidding aside, congrats on the new machines!

You chose wisely, congratulations.....

Back