Resolved Recently I need to log in frequently

.LMS.

Lathe Noob
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Is this happening to anyone else? Sometimes it's after a week, just recently after a couple days. I used to stay logged in for way longer. Send a request to the mods but have not heard back from them.

There have been no recent reports that I have seen of anyone else having this problem. You probably already know this but this function is implemented by storing what's commonly called a cookie on your machine. If the cookie is deleted, then you have to enter your user ID and password. If you explicitly log out, the cookie is deleted. Clearing cache or history will also delete it along with any other such cookies stored on your machine. If to leave the site you just kill the browser, the cookie should remain.

Upvote 0
Thanks Robert. Yea - familiar with the cookie situation and I don't have anything I know of that is wedging that up. Just had to log in again today.

Upvote 0
OK, I don't have the access to do it but I've asked someone to look at you account to see whether or not they can spot anything wrong.

Upvote 0
Is this happening to anyone else? Sometimes it's after a week, just recently after a couple days. I used to stay logged in for way longer. Send a request to the mods but have not heard back from them.

Evening .LMS, I've reviewed your account and I don't see anything related to permissions that would prevent you from staying logged in. However, I do see that your IP address source changed back in February and you have been accessing the H-M site since February 26th on that same IP. It is possible that there is something with your ISP or local router that is causing the issue, although I'm not technically savvy enough to say why. With that said, I suggest a power reset on your router - sometimes that will clear the IP address cobwebs and get things back on track.

If that isn't a fix, then I think you are back into troubleshooting cookies, browsers and operating systems which is beyond what we can help you with. As Robert has said, we haven't had this reported by any other member at this point in time.

Bryan (vtcnc)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response Bryan. Robert sent me another message suggesting this might be fixed. Thanks to both of you for your assistance, and I'll let you know if things get better.

Upvote 0
It is my understanding that the recent upgrade fixed the "Stay Logged In" problem for many members. Is this true?

Upvote 0
Brian - things have been working fine for me for a while - several weeks at least. So, I don't know if that fixed it or something before that, but all seems to be well. Thanks for thinking of me.

Upvote 0
Back