Recieved the PM1236 metric to imperial kit today

Morgan RedHawk

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
For all yall that are awaiting the change-over kits for the metric PM1236's from Matt, I received mine today.

The tube contained a new main lead screw, new half nut, new cross slide dial and lead screw, new compound dial and lead screw, new tailstock dial and lead screw, and a new threading chart. The new screws all came with a new nut attached already (except the half nut, obviously).

Big thanks to Matt!!

Just thought yall would like to know that they are shipping!

Very nice!

If Matt is not asking for the metric screws back, you might want to hang onto it in case someone overseas get a imperial lathe by mistake. :)

Bill

Mine came today as well, but only the main leadscrew and threading chart were in the tube.:holdphone:No fault of QMT, ups had managed to bust the end caps out of tube and lose most of it. I wonder what the people thought when there were heavy pieces of steel rolling out? Aww, it's ok just send it on out. They'll file a claim.:angry:Oh well, I'm sure Matt and crew are on top of it. Glad u got urs Morgan. Do u know of the video Matt was gonna do up for the changeover?

Richard

Great, glad to hear you received your imperial components.

No doubt Matt would take care of you but I am sure it was frustrating on the time it took to get.

Mine came today as well, but only the main leadscrew and threading chart were in the tube.:holdphone:No fault of QMT, ups had managed to bust the end caps out of tube and lose most of it. I wonder what the people thought when there were heavy pieces of steel rolling out? Aww, it's ok just send it on out. They'll file a claim.:angry:Oh well, I'm sure Matt and crew are on top of it. Glad u got urs Morgan. Do u know of the video Matt was gonna do up for the changeover?

Richard

Makes you wonder..... I just purchased a Matco 3/4-7/8 box wrench off ebay last week, package came with a hole on the end with no wrench inside of course. Very clear that the package was absolutely empty, yet every postal worker who touched it moves it right along to complete delivery as if nothing was wrong. You'd figure someone would notice a 13" wrench hit the ground or appear somewhere. Of course I don't know what goes on internally at most shipping facilities (like automated facilities) but still makes you wonder when they actually go through people's hands. They just don't care....

They just don't care....

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. I hate to say it but not caring is not just related to postal workers or freight delivery for that matter. It's funny because flip the tables and people would be livid. I gave a talk to my mechanics at work a few months ago asking them why they think we are still in business and doing well?

Most didn't respond because as long as they are getting their paychecks they really don't care why or how. I explained that it is because of customer service and the customer is WHO matters, they are the ones keeping the lights on and money going into their pockets. They can get what we offer anywhere, they come to us because of the customer service. If that customer's wants, needs or desires change, we need to change as well. Most looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language.

I then asked a couple of them about products that I knew that they had recently purchased related to their hobbies, guns. I asked them if they walked into their supplier and they didn't carry the supplies you needed for your "new" gun would you still shop there? They obviously responded in "hell no".

Exactly, I told them. So you can't have it one way as a consumer and then expect to come to work and not care about the customer while performing your job, or have it the other way. I think it at least made them think a little, don't know for how long.

I think as a society we have become lazy and self centered and care less and less about doing quality work and taking pride in our work. I am not reflecting to all, I don't want to ruffle any feathers as there are still many who DO take pride and will go the extra little bit, but in "general" as a society people seem to care about what affects them personally but not so much in their day to day jobs or duties as they are just there for a paycheck.

I was reading something about a week or so ago that said that millennials are the most narcissistic (as in self-absorbed, e.g. "selfies") generation yet. But it's not just them.

Bill

I was reading something about a week or so ago that said that millennials are the most narcissistic (as in self-absorbed, e.g. "selfies") generation yet. But it's not just them.

Bill

I agree. Just look at how facebook has exploded and it isn't just the millennials. I think I am the only one in my shop at work that DOESN'T have a facebook page. My wife's sisters are so self absorbed they think everyone is just sitting on the edge of their seat waiting to see what they are doing or where they are going. EVERYTHING they do and EVERY thought they have ends up on facebook. Then they get upset (read crying and poor me) when someone makes an unkind statement or criticizes them for some stupid thing or another.

I will admit I have a tendency to get on my "high horse" once in a while as I am proud of what I have been able to accomplish considering my lack of education and background, but I also know that most people don't give two $hit$ about what I am doing nor what I have to say.

I agree. Just look at how facebook has exploded and it isn't just the millennials. I think I am the only one in my shop at work that DOESN'T have a facebook page. My wife's sisters are so self absorbed they think everyone is just sitting on the edge of their seat waiting to see what they are doing or where they are going. EVERYTHING they do and EVERY thought they have ends up on facebook. Then they get upset (read crying and poor me) when someone makes an unkind statement or criticizes them for some stupid thing or another.

I will admit I have a tendency to get on my "high horse" once in a while as I am proud of what I have been able to accomplish considering my lack of education and background, but I also know that most people don't give two $hit$ about what I am doing nor what I have to say.

Well in the context of this board and machining in general, I care what ya say Mike. :))

Bill

Well in the context of this board and machining in general, I care what ya say Mike. :))

Bill

Thanks Bill. When I start "rambling" on to my wife I will tell her that someone out there cares what I have to say. That should stop her in her tracks and seal the deal.:thanks:

Back