Recommendation for semi-auto rifle?

You truly can’t beat the Ruger 10-22

it’s the Ak-47....or Ar-15 of plinking 22 rifles. Cheap, reliable and plenty of good accessories. The skies the limit..... including putting two together for a Gatling gun.

An update:

After my initial posting (and purchase of the S&W 15-22) the newspaper brought forth today a Sportsmans' Warehouse advertising supplement with the Ruger 10-22 for $199. It was earlier about $400 and I sprung for the S&W at that time.

The penny pile has been replenished and today I ended up with a new Ruger - and I had a $30 coupon to boot! With the background check it ended up at $179. I think not a bad deal.

Since I'm just a plinker I will probably be selling either the .222 or the .270 bolt action in the near future. Never thought I'd say something like that!

10-22 is the small block chevy of the rimfire world. Parts galore. Buy smart and learn how to do your own work. Rimfirecentral.com is a good source of info if you ignore the fluff/$$$ crowd.

I think that if you truly want to find something interesting for you, the best option would be to search on sites that sell the things you need. It is because they have descriptions and, most of them, the possibility to leave a comment or a review. I know this is the best option because since I chose my utilities from https://ballachy.com/best-holster-for-fat-guys/, I saw a big rise in the personal satisfaction I get from my hunt, generated by the quality of the products I started to use. I am sure you must try it.

Last edited:
Back