Recommendations for small tap handle

Over the years Ive collected 50 or so tap wrenches . Are some better than others , can't say . They all hold a tap and are controlled by the operator .

Finally got my 91A and 91B. The first time, I received a large empty box! Or rather a packing slip, and half of a 91B box. Nothing else. No packing material in the box. The box seemed to have developed a hole in the side. Maybe someone helped themselves? No matter, called up the vendor, showed them pictures, and they shipped out another set. All is good.
IMG_20200402_170742.jpg
Compared to my tap wrench set that always slipped, these are awesome. These guys really grip the taps. Pity that Starrett's stuff is so expensive. Have to pay to play...

I have a set of tap drive sockets I bought from Snap On long ago. They are very handy to have when you cannot get a standard tap wrench into your work space.
They are 1/4" and 3/8" drive depending on the tap size.

Joe Hynes

Yup, the Starrett 91 series has been around for a very long time because they just work. No fanfare, no real advertising, just a tool speaking for itself.
+1 for the Stanley 91s. An added plus is how great they feel in your hand!

Finally got my 91A and 91B. The first time, I received a large empty box! Or rather a packing slip, and half of a 91B box. Nothing else. No packing material in the box. The box seemed to have developed a hole in the side. Maybe someone helped themselves? No matter, called up the vendor, showed them pictures, and they shipped out another set. All is good.
View attachment 319237
Compared to my tap wrench set that always slipped, these are awesome. These guys really grip the taps. Pity that Starrett's stuff is so expensive. Have to pay to play...
Wish they had an equivalent die holder...

Back