Reed Prentice 3Vs Mill

Joncooey

Registered
Registered
Hey guys; anyone know much about Reed Prentice vertical mills? Would like to know what taper they use. I'm looking at a 3Vs; guy thinks it may have a Morse #3. Thanks.

Hey kd4gij; thanks for the info. Mine is close, but older, I think. It is a 3vs, which would make you think it is a later model than the 3vg, but it has a very much bigger foot-print. (3'x6')
Mill.jpg
That 3vs looks more like a Bridgeport in comparison. Mine was originally installed Oct.18 1939. The Brown and Sharpe Taper may be the key, though. I was thinking that it was a #4 Morse Taper. They are very close comparatively in O.D. I will update when I get it installed. Had the motor checked and expecting the VFD in a couple days. Getting the pad ready. It's all my over-head crane can handle. Probably close to 5000 lbs. The 3'x4' table weighs over 1200 lbs. so I removed it first, so I can move it around more easily.
Appreciate the info and will update when I get it going.

Jon.

t

Wow! That mill (and it's table), is a beast! Comparing the size of the table, with the rims on the trailer gives it real scale.

Back