Reemers

I would keep them all. Keeping just the nominal sizes is not the best idea. Depending on the reamers sharpness, speed when reaming, type of cutting fluid, type of material being reamed, etc, etc. All have slight variables in the actual finish hole size. Since a reamer has a fixed cut diameter (some are adjustable) the desire to have a certain size reamer is endless. You cannot have enough reamers because of this. Keep them all, you will be kicking yourself one day when you go looking for that reamer you gave away…Good Luck, Dave.
There is no such thing as too many reamers, cause when you need one you really need it, If you don't want them check shipping charge and I will make it worth while.

Hello Guys,
i met Derrick Yesterday. He's a really nice guy and has some very nice equipment.:) His generous gift will benefit many shops
i have taken possession of the reamers and will act as custodian for the time being.
in the next few days i'll be sorting and making them available to the membership.
i'm considering starting another thread, with the inventory listed and the process for distribution upon completion of inventory.
i'll give a link in this thread if a secondary thread is made.
thanks to Derrick!!! that was a really cool gesture
all the best
mike:)

Mike,
I have interest in the reamers, too.
-Bob Korves

I would also like to express my interest in these reamers. Smaller preferred, any greatly appreciated.
Glenn

I use them in my gunsmithing business to properly fit pins. Very helpful and leave me with a professional looking job

I have more reamers than I might ever use, but the joy of using one to make that perfect sliding or press or interference fit is worth keeping all.

That being said I do have an over abundance of 13mm reamers (don't ask me how that came to be). PM me if you would like one for the price of postage.

Hi all FYI the reemers were in a desk I wanted ( a steal case 1950s) I've Ben thru the desk before and got what I couldn't live without on prior pics "see cl finds , in tool junkies" so I asked the guy how much for the desk he said
$30. I said Cool got a box for the contents, he said I had to take it all ! And the readers were just half of it the other side of the desk drawers were full of drills probably for the reemers , all sharp , the ones on top had a lite rust on them tho
And it's a $200 + darn good desk . Guess I should update the tool junkies thread.
Enjoy
Derrick

Just found this thread. What a great gesture for the members! I use reamers all the time for precision holes. Mostly straight taper chucking reamers. I would be interested in adding to my small collection as well. Not being greedy or looking to take advantage, I'll happily pay for these and/or shipping. Being the Tool Room custodian for another forum, I know it takes time to sort and package items, so I'll help the process in any way I can.

Maybe we could have a suggested donation for the reamers. I would certainly be interested in some and reciprocate with donation to forum or charity.

michael

My apologies, Please remove me from this list. Thank you

Back